Boykin Spaniel Invasion!
Hello everybody! Boy, am I glad to see you. My name is Branch and I'm a Boykin spaniel. My breed is pretty special—it was born and bred in South Carolina.
Learn all about me and my relatives in the video below. Then, find me and my friends scattered about Camden.
The Story of the Boykin Spaniel
Running Time - 12:00
Find Me & My Friends
Now that you know who I am and where I come from - I need your help. I came to Camden with all my friends and now I've lost them. We've scattered all over downtown Camden looking for places to play. Can you help me find my friends? Tired of looking? Check here for the answers.
If you find all eleven of the puppies, take your picture with each puppy and post them to our Facebook page. Everyone who finds all of the puppies will receive a Certificate of Discovery.
1. Woof! Woof! My name is Ever. You can find me in a wonderful green space downtown. I’m keeping company with the Father of Camden and Camden’s Patron Saint.
2. Look at me! I can jump! I can jump high! I can jump all the way up to the colorful hanging lights. After I finish, I’ll show you the best places to eat, shop, stay, and play in downtown Camden.
3. Hi there! Piper Anne here. Meet me in the heart of downtown. You have the very best view of the Clock Tower from this pocket park.
4. Sorry – can’t stop to talk. Must…. chase….tennis….balls....
5. Just call me Robert. I like to hang out at this old courthouse. It’s got a great yard, and trees, and is nice and cool under the arches. And it's named after ME.
6. Hello everybody! My name is Pumpkin and I have found a beautiful maple tree to sit under. It’s right outside a great cultural center and the front yard is AMAZING.
7. Hello there. I’m Hal and you can find me at the best place ever! It’s got a flag pole and Firepup is right around the back. I wonder if they’ll let a little brown dog ride in one of the big red trucks.
8. Hi! I’m Lacey and I’m thirsty! Lucky for me that Camden has a 100 year old water fountain just for dogs….. well, it was originally for horses but they don’t mind sharing.
9. Arf! Arf! Arf! My name is Story. There are so many places in Camden to roll on the green grass and enjoy church bells tolling. My spot has a famous monument designed by Robert Mills to honor Baron Johann DeKalb, hero of the American Revolution.
10. Just call me Rumor. Here's a "rumor" for you. I'm standing next to a cedar tree planted to honor the Marquis de Lafayette almost 200 years ago.
11. Hi! Yep, this is me again - Branch is Here! You can hear all about me and my family tree inside. It’s nice and cool and there’s lots to see.