Items for Sale
To order, please call or email Sarah Murray [803-425-6050 / firstname.lastname@example.org] with the title of the book(s) you would like to purchase. Payment can be made with a check mailed to the Camden Archives & Museum, 1314 Broad Street, Camden, SC 29020, or with a credit card by phone. Please include a shipping and handling fee of $12.00 for Priority Mail shipping. The shipping/handling fee for titles marked with an asterisk (*) is $3.00 for the first book and $.50 for each additional book.
All SC residents should also add 8% sales tax to the cost.
Scroll down to view all items for sale.
Books and Documents | Postcards | Preserve Series
- A Guide to the Kershaw County Historical Society's Historic Sites in Camden [driving tour guide] (City of Camden, 2020, p. 66, spiral-bound) $15.00
- A Guide to Selected Historical Sites in Kershaw County/District (Kershaw County Historical Society, 1992, p. 90, soft-cover) $10.00
- A History of the 3rd South Carolina Regiment: Lee's Reliables (Mac Wyckoff, 2008, 479 pages, hard-cover) $45.00
- A History of Kershaw County, South Carolina (Joan A. Inabinet and L. Glen Inabinet, 2011, p. 719, hard-cover) $50.00
- A History of Lynches Forks and Extended Areas on Big and Little Lynches Rivers, S.C. (Lon D. Outen, 2012, p. 554, hard-cover) $35.00
- A Legacy that Lives On ( Carter Jones / South Carolina Firefighters' Association, 2019, p. 150, hard-cover) $45.00
- A Record of the Boykins (Edward M. Boykin, 1876, reprinted 2009, p. 27, soft-cover) $10.00 *
- Andrew Jackson, John C. Calhoun, and the Petticoat Affair (Patricia McNeely, 2018, p. 184, soft-cover) $20.00
- The Battle of Camden (historically accurate poem) (Clarence Mahoney, 2005, p. 23, soft-cover) $5.00 *
- Bits and Pieces from the Bethune Observer (Carol McNaughton, 96 pages, spiral-bound) $15.00
- The Blood Be Upon Your Head: Tarleton and the Myth of Buford's Massacre (Jim Piecuch, 2010, p. 119, soft-cover) $20.00
- Camden Ghost Stories and Legends (Rachel Montgomery, 2000, p. 98, soft-cover) $12.95
- Camden (S.C.) Police Department, 1792-1969 (Lon D. Outen, 2015, p. 138, hard-cover) $20.00
- Camden (S.C.) Police Department, 1792-1969 (Lon D. Outen, 2015, p. 138, soft-cover) $12.00
- Carbine: The Story of David Marshall Williams (Ross E. Beard, Jr., 2007, p. 322, soft-cover) $20.00
- City of Camden Official Tour Guide (City of Camden, 2018, p. 129, spiral-bound) $30.00
- Claret Book of Murder and Mayhem (Miles Gardner, 2017, p. 341, hard-cover) $27.90
- The Decorative Arts of Camden and Kershaw County (Ethel Sweet, 1998, p. 87, hard-cover) $15.00
- Federal Census of Kershaw County, South Carolina 1800, 1830 (soft-cover) $5.00 each *
- Gateway to the Carolinas' Backcountry: Camden's Wateree River Inland Port (Lon D. Outen, 2020, p. 349, hard-cover) $32.00
- Genealogy of the McWillie & Cunningham Families (Dr. Robert B. Johnson, 1938, reprinted 2001, p. 245, soft-cover) $8.00 with index
- Gold Rush Letters from William Lemmond, a 49er from Carolina (Kershaw County Historical Society, 1999, p. 88, soft-cover) $5.00 *
- Gridiron Legends: History of Camden High School Football (L. Glen Inabinet, 1991, p. 138, hard-cover) $12.00
- Historic Camden, Part Two, Nineteenth Century (Thomas J. Kirkland and Robert M. Kennedy, 1926, reprinted 1994, p. 474, hard-cover) $40.00
- History and Homes of Liberty Hill South Carolina (Louise Johnston, 1992, p. 92, hard-cover) $10.00
- In the Sunny South: A Winter Colonist’s View of Camden, South Carolina and Vicinity in 1901 (Harvey S. Teal, editor, reprinted 1999, p. 90, soft-cover) $10.00 *
- Just Mud, a History of Local Pottery to 1980 (Harvey Teal and Arthur Porter McLauren, 2003,p. 96, soft-cover) $10.00
- Kershaw, S.C. and Surrounding Area: Abstracts from Kershaw Era, 1913-1920 (Carol P. McNaughton, 2001, p. 78, spiral-bound) $15.00
- Kershaw County/District Business Directory, 1854-1900 (Harvey Teal, 1999, p. 27, soft-cover) $5.00 *
- Kershaw County Cemetery Survey (Volumes 1 and 3) (Dallas Phelps, editor, 1991, soft-cover) $15.00 per volume
- Kershaw County Confederate Miscellany (Harvey Teal, editor, 2000, p. 86, soft-cover) $15.00
- Lammie Pie, Private Eye (story of a Boykin Spaniel) (Barbara Beard, 2017, p. 21, hard-cover) $20.00
- Liberty Hill Presbyterian Church Cemetery (Mary Cunningham, editor, 1993, p. 31, soft-cover) $10.00 *
- Lyttleton Street United Methodist Church of Camden, S.C.: A History (Joan A. Inabinet, 2003, p. 244, hard-cover) $25.00
- Old Times in Camden, 1876: Pen Pictures of the Past (William M. Shannon, edited by Harvey S. Teal, 1996, p. 43, soft-cover) $5.00
- Parker’s Guide to Revolutionary War Sites in S.C. (2nd edition) (John C. Parker, Jr., 2013, p. 530, spiral-bound) $39.95
- President Abraham Lincoln, General William T. Sherman, President Jefferson Davis and the Lost Confederate Gold (Patricia G. McNeely, 2015, p. 282, soft-cover) $20.00
- Public Schools, 1868-1870, Education during Reconstruction in Kershaw County, SC (Harvey S. Teal, 2004, p. 31, soft-cover) $5.00 *
- The Remarkable Haile Gold Mine: Its History and Rebirth (Jack H. Morris, 2018, p. 324, hard-cover) $30.00
- Return of Crops and Other Statistics, Kershaw County, 1868 (Harvey Teal, editor, 1998, soft-cover) $5.00
- Sherman's Flame & Blame Campaign through Georgia and the Carolinas... and the Burning of Columbia (Patricia G. McNeely, 2014, p. 234, soft-cover) $20.00
- South Carolina Dances with Isabel Whaley Sloan (Patricia McNeely, 2019, p. 135, soft-cover) $20.00
- South Carolina State Census, 1839, Kershaw County (facsimile of handwritten records, 1998, p. 33, soft-cover) $5.00 *
- Time to Remember (Donald F. Dixon, 2006, p. 12, spiral-bound) $5.00 *
- That Man Called "Zack" : Major William Zachariah Leitner of Winnsboro and Camden (Anne Leitner Snow, reprinted by J.J. Fox, p. 276, hard-cover) $5.00
- The University of South Carolina (Elizabeth Cassidy West [Campus History Series], 2006, p. 127, soft-cover) $19.99
- What We Keep (Camden Poets Society, 2017, p. 135, soft-cover) $15.00
- The World of Jak Smyrl (Joan and Glen Inabinet, 2020, p. 356, hard-cover) $35.00
- Boykin Spaniel ornaments, $10.00 each
- Camden, S.C. (DVD) (City of Camden, 2018) $5.00
- Landscapes by Robert L. James (1916 -- 2003) printed on notecards, 4 images, $3.00 each
- South Carolina Postcards, Volume VII, Kershaw County (Howard Woody and Davie Beard, 2002, p. 128, soft-cover) $19.99
- Post cards of local scenes, each, $ 0.30 *
Cost $5.00 each; shipping $3.00 for first book and $ .50 for each additional book. All books are paperback.
- Living in Camden, scenes since Historic Camden,1880-1945, 44 pages, 1995.
- Rides about Camden, 1853 & 1873, 25 pages, 1996 reprint.
- Five Visitors to Kershaw District. 1806-1832, 68 pages, 1997.
- A Wateree River Plantation: Rosny by Lewis Ciples I1815), editied by Joan Inabinet, p. 72, 1997.